Senin, 09 Juni 2008
Tour Destinations & Attractions
Sasirangan is a traditional batik of South Kalimantan which was once used by the nobles to protect themselves from the evil spirit. Nowadays, this kind of cloth becomes one of specific souvenirs of the province. The process of production is still done traditionally. The biggest place for producing Sasirangan is on Jl. A. Yani, about 10 minutes by car from the city centre.
Kamis, 05 Juni 2008
Trendsetting - the best word to describe Batik Inspirations . A new style of coffee-table book, this batik differs from the usual fashion magazines or batik in fact, the personal style of writing and the chapter headings completely depart from the usual styles of foreward, preface, introduction, etc.
This batik follow the promotions by the late Batik Solo Yogyakarta , who first started promotions with The Nyonya Kebaya. Next after kebaya, the Prime Minister's late wife of Indonesia promoted the batik industry. The Batik Inspirations is timely and in line with the current wave on batik Indonesia .
With the aim of promoting batik in everyday life, Batik Inspirations showcases models wearing batik designs & batik fabric which marry contemporary designs with traditional methods of canting and 'batik chop'... and all these come in a new style of fashion .
Among the fashion featured are haute couture, casual-wear, evening-wear, and bridal gowns. These designs are from internationally renowned Indonesian batik designers and award winners. Also featured in this batik book is the process of batik making using the 'canting' and 'chop' methods - which will help understand the batik making process, and thus further appreciate the designs.
Photographer Konika Film to make the book appeal to batik lovers, fashion enthusiasts, photographers, and people who love beautiful pictures. The strength of the batik lies with dramatic photographs of models and clothing set in unique, distinctive settings using Indonesia buildings.
Just like the new wave of batik designs , this idea starts a new trend of lifestyle photography standards and presentation.
Rabu, 04 Juni 2008
* 100% katun corak batik bunga
* Potongan neckline V
* Lengan puff elastis
* Tali serut pada bag bawah kerah
* Karet kerut pada bag dada
* All size width/length 44/72cm
* terbuat dari bahan katun
* model halter neck
* adanya lipatan pada bag tengah
* sedikit bergelombang pada bag bawah
* dijahit karet pada bag belakang
* All size width/length 42/99cm
* terbuat dari bahan katun
* kerah bulat
* lengan pendek karet
* sedikit lipatan di bagian pinggang
* dijahit karet di bag belakang
* dengan ban pinggang
* All size width/length 44/91cm
Jumbo BAtik Shirt
* 100% BAtik Prada (ad tinta emas d motif nya)
* Kerah kemeja
* Lengan 3/4, puff pd bgn bwh na
* Bukaan kancing depan
* All size width/length 57/79cm
Tropic Floral Dress
* 100% Katun
* Kerah model Peter-pan
* Bukaan depan kancing double
* Lengan puff elastis
* Potongan empire dgn lipitan
* Extra belt kulit
* All size width/length 39/87cm
Sometimes fashion is here to wake up femininity and the little dress is an item of clothing that will remind a woman that she is still a woman. Enrich that feeling through the photo with the spring/summer collections.
American fashion Oscar, i.e. the Council of Fashion Designers of America awards ceremony was held last night in New York`s National Library which was transformed into an English garden, decorated with stylish furniture, as well as cherry and ivy arrangements which dangled from the balcony.
Non-profitable organisation, presided by Diane von Furstenberg since 2006, organises sponsoring scholarships and special programmes for advancement of young designers and awards fashion designers.
The designers strolled down the red carpet with their current muses. Marc Jacobs, nominee for the womenswear designer of year, appeared with Victoria Beckham under his arm. Eva Mendes posed with another nominee within the same category, Francisco Costa from Calvin Klein, while her name-sake Longoria posed with Tom Ford, a nominee for best menswear designer.
Supermodel Naomi Campbell was radiant in an Yves Saint Laurent dress from the 2008 autumn (winter collection, wearing it to honour the deceased designer . Her date was Andre Leon Talley, who wore a pink skin leather coat with a white turban.
But, the greatest moment of the gala was when Tina Fey posed in front of photographers and suddenly made a shocking face gesture, saying: “Here comes Anna!”. Fashion Bible editor Anna Wintour arrived, and the party could begin.
And the winner is…
Best men`s wear designer category included nominees: Michael Bastian, Thom Browne and Tom Ford. Actress Kim Cattrall announced the “incredibly sexy winner” – Tom Ford.
- I didn't expect to be here. I'm so happy to be here – said former Gucci designer Tom Ford.The audience also applauded Tory Burch, who took the award for best fashion accessory designer, beating Marc Jacobs and Michael Korso. Calvin Klein gave a heart-felt speech, honouring Carolina Herrera as he presented her with the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement award. Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, Victoria Beckham and Eva Mendes announced that designer Francisco Costa has won the title of best womenswear designer.